18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children & Families, Inc.) is where new beginnings come to light for children and families – and could be where your new career does the same!
18 Degrees, a dynamic non-profit agency serving Western MA, is looking for an Outreach/Case Manager for our Pittsfield Community Connections GVP – program.
• The Outreach/Case Manager reports to the GVP Director – Outreach/Case Manager will identify, engage, and recruit youth to the GVP program.
• The Outreach/Case Manager supports youth (program participants) throughout their involvement with the GVP program.
• Orients youth to the program, develop a plan for their participation, and pursue the goals they have identified.
• Work with youth to develop both soft and specific skills to ensure that they are able to participate in a goal-oriented program.
• Connect youth to other resources and services as needed, and will follow-up to ensure connections are established.
• Facilitate groups for youth to help them identify and pursue personalized goals for wellness, job readiness and financial success.
• Maintain communication with other stakeholders where applicable about the youth’s progress, setbacks, and successes.
Education Preferred: A.S. preferred or equivalent experience
Experience: 3 years experience working with At Risk and/or Proven Risk youth preferred. Experience working within local community agencies/employers in a human services capacity (with gun violence and/or gang intervention/prevention experience preferred). Lived experience is valued and considered. 3 years’ case management experience strongly preferred. Data collection experience, a plus. Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Competitive salary and benefits. Multicultural/multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume to Paula McDermott, 18 Degrees, Inc., 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email email@example.com. AA/EOE