Outreach Worker for Safe & Successful Youth Initiative (SSYI) – Pittsfield, MA 18 Degrees is where new beginnings come to light for children and families – and could be where your new
career does the same! At 18 Degrees, we cultivate teams and leaders to embrace the principles of diversity, equity and inclusiveness to support the needs of our community. 18 Degrees’ Safe and Successful Youth Initiative (SSYI) program’s purpose is to support a community and multi-disciplinary approach to address illegal and criminal behavior for youth 17 to 24 years in age. The Outreach Worker will work with community partners including a police liaison, and other members of the justice system to prevent, and intervene with youth involved in criminal activity in the Pittsfield, MA community.
Outreach Worker primary responsibilities:
- Ability to meet individuals where they are and think on your feet in high stakes situations
- Work with youth referred by local police liaison to identify, engage, and enroll young people in support services provided by 18 Degrees or other Community Based Providers.
- Have experience with the criminal justice system and a passion for assisting young people to redirect their lives through education, behavioral health and employment services.
- Knowledge & understanding of the systemic, socio-economic, educational & other challenges our youth confront including knowledge of gang culture.
- Keep strong ties to the community, and the ability to create new relationships with program participants and community partners with ease.
- Be a team player, self-motivated, flexible, trustful, and a results-oriented person committed to making a difference with youth and in their community.
Associate’s Degree helpful, but not required. Lived Experience is highly-valued. Knowledge of the Pittsfield community and neighborhoods is required for success. Multicultural/multilingual candidates are encouraged to
apply. To apply send cover letter and resume to: Paula McDermott, 18 Degrees, Inc., 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE