About 18 Degrees
18 Degrees is an innovative community-based social services agency that promotes the well-being and strengths of children, youth, adults and families to build better communities in four core areas:
- Foster Care and Adoption
- Early Education and Care
- Child and Family Well-being
- Positive Youth Development
Our Mission is every child in a family, every family in a community.
18 Degrees is where new beginnings come to light. With our mission-inspired team of 150 staff members, we serve 5000 individuals and families annually through more than 20 programs rooted in advancing social justice. Our programs encompass evidenced-based models, community partnerships, and innovative approaches for prevention, intervention, and creating life-changing opportunities for those we serve.
Headquartered in Pittsfield, MA, we provide services from multiple sites throughout Western Massachusetts, and have an Annual Budget of $ 9.4 million.
The President and CEO is responsible for providing agency and community leadership; strategic and operational direction; and programmatic, financial and human resources stewardship to ensure service delivery and 18 Degrees’ continued mission impact and growth, in line with our Vision, Compass Points, strategy and goals. The CEO reports to the 18 Degrees Board of Directors and supervises an executive team of six. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee financial performance, revenue generation, and budget forecasting and management to support organizational stability and growth.
- Develop and implement strategic plans. Lead growth initiatives.
- Grow fund-raising, oversee grants administration, and partner with state agencies.
- Lead and manage teams in a dynamic organization.
- Partner with the Board of Directors to provide organizational governance.
- Establish measures and use data to track/ advance quality, outcomes and impact.
- Advanced degree in a related field. Bachelor’s degree in a related field with extensive, direct experience may substitute.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in a high-level leadership role (Vice President, C-Suite, Senior Director) in a complex environment of multiple funding sources, service types, and/or sites to include finances, strategy, philanthropy, program and organizational development.
- Strong, influential communicator and genuine leader with the ability to build connection and collaborations.
- Demonstrated application of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles in organizations and with an established track record of promoting and upholding racial/ social justice.
- An appetite for growth and innovation. The ability to achieve both.
- Proudly mission-driven, unmistakably ethical, and positively can-do in a way that helps others find the light and lean
- Willing to divide time between our Pittsfield and West Springfield offices and travel as needed for meetings, conferences, and events.
- Bring fun into the work and a sense of delight in serving others.
18 Degrees welcomes candidates who advance our ability to reflect and include the diversity of our communities. CLOSING DATE: cover letter and resumes must be received before Noon on February 25, 2021. Please forward your cover letter and resume to: John Cadiz, Director of Human Resources, 18 Degrees, 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE.