18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children & Families, Inc.) is where new beginnings come to light for children and families – and could be where your new career does the same! This is a part time role for our26-week long RAP, Inc. program. The role will be responsible for recruitment, outreach, screening, and intake of youth interested in building financial skills through social engagement and musical expression via the art and business of rap and hip-hop music. The right candidate will:
- Collaborate with community members and industry advisors to help youth make impactful connections.
- Collect and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data to assess project impact and effectiveness.
- Have a flexible schedule and ability to support the learning experiences of youth participants.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, and group facilitation skills.
- Be energetic, able to relate well with others, have experience working with teens.
- Have at least a high school diploma (an associate degree is preferred) and a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation.
RAP, Inc. is also looking for a Youth Support Specialist who will work with and support the Youth Development Specialist and the youth in program for 9 hours/week (4.5 hours on each of 2 session days per week).
Multicultural/multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to Paula McDermott, 18 Degrees, 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email pmcdermott@18 degreesma.org. AA/EOE