18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children and Families) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, equal opportunity, and cultural diversity. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and multi-cultural/multi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full – Time Opportunities
Clinician for Youth Programming in Pittsfield and North Adams
18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children & Families, Inc.) is where new beginnings come to light for children and families – and could be where your new career does the same!
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, skilled, clinician with experience working with adolescents and young adults. STRONGLY PREFERRED: Clinical experience with the community, regional and multi-disciplinary approaches to trauma and violence through coordinated programs for prevention, intervention, and suppression with at-risk or proven risk youth and young adults.
This clinician will work with our Pittsfield Community Connections and West Main Connections Teams, working in both our Pittsfield, MA and North Adams, MA locations.
Must have at least the following:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- LCSW, LICSW, or LMHC or equivalent preferred or sit for and pass the licensing exam within one year of date of hire as a condition of continued employment.
Family Networks Service Coordinator – Greenfield
- Manages caseloads of families, children and youth
- Develops and maintains a strong partnership with the Department of Children and Families (DCF), agencies, programs and families
- Coordinates services to achieve goals and outcomes of services identified in the DCF service plans
- Monitors service implementation; and ensures coordination with providers and DCF
Outreach Case Worker for Safe & Successful Youth Initiative (SSYI) – Pittsfield, MA
- will work with local police to identify, engage, recruit, and help young people involved in violent crime in Pittsfield;
- will have experience with the criminal justice system and a passion for assisting young people to redirect their lives through education, mental health, and employment services;
- will have strong ties to the community, and the ability to create new relationships with program participants and community partners with ease; and
- is a team player, self-motivated, flexible, trustful, and a results-oriented person committed to making a difference with youth and in their community.
- Associate’s Degree helpful, but not required.
- Real-life experience is highly-valued.
- Caring about youth and the community are must-haves.
EEC Certified Infant/Toddler/Preschool/School-Age Teachers (Lead Teachers included!)
Childcare Workers, Substitute Teachers, and Greeters – FT & PT - Flexible hours
Part – Time Opportunities
Kids 4 Harmony Lead String Teaching Artist, 18 hours per week
The Lead String Teaching Artist will be the lead teacher in our North Adams site (3 days a week) and a supporting Teaching Artist in our Pittsfield site (1-2 days a week). This teacher will lead beginning and intermediate school-aged string ensembles and string lessons focused on age appropriate skill development for young musicians and building community through ensemble-based instruction. Must also be able to engage and support youth and families who are struggling with poverty and other stressors. Experience in violin, viola, or cello, teaching group music classes, and a belief in music as a vehicle for social change is a must. Flexible schedule with some nights and weekends is required.
18 Degrees is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, equal opportunity, and cultural diversity. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and multicultural/multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
Submit cover letter and resume to Paula McDermott, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.