18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children and Families) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, equal opportunity, and cultural diversity. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and multi-cultural/multi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full – Time Opportunities
Engagement Specialist & Case Manager
- The Engagement Specialist and Case Manager reports to the Coalition Director and will identify, engage, and recruit youth to the PCC Coalition program.
- Supports youth (program participants) throughout their involvement with the PCC Coalition program.
- Orients youth to the program, develop a plan for their participation, and pursue the goals they have identified.
- Work with youth to develop both soft and specific skills to ensure that they are able to participate in a goal-oriented program.
- Connect youth to other resources and services as needed in the Pittsfield, MA area, and will follow-up to ensure connections are established.
- Facilitate groups for youth to help them identify and pursue personalized goals for wellness, job readiness and financial success.
- Maintain communication with other stakeholders where applicable about the youth’s progress, setbacks, and successes.
EEC Certified Infant/Toddler/Preschool/School-Age Teachers (Lead Teachers included!)
Childcare Workers, Substitute Teachers, and Greeters – FT & PT - Flexible hours
Looking for delightful, dedicated, full time and part time Childcare Workers, Substitute Teachers, and Greeters for Infant, Toddler, Preschool and School-Age programs in family-centered early childhood program. No EEC certification required. Flexible work schedules available. A great opportunity to get experience in this very rewarding career field. We celebrate diversity. Multi-lingual, multi-cultural candidates are encouraged to apply. Benefits apply to full time positions. Send cover letter and resume to Paula McDermott, 18 Degrees, 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE
- Ensure the accuracy of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers by verifying income and expenses associated with all program activities, fundraising, and management and general.
- Performing a daily cash flow analysis in order to maintain a proper cash balance in the Agency’s bank accounts and borrowing on the line of credit, when necessary.
- Ensure financial compliance with contract reporting requirements for funding sources.
- Prepare monthly billing for various cost reimbursement contracts, grants, and other billing as needed, includes verifying accuracy of expenses as related to budgeted line items.
- Verifying that internal controls are followed in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Preparing and entering general journal entries as necessary for allocation of costs.
- Performing and managing the month end closing procedures, including the verification checklist and printing of the monthly financial statements.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Supervises the accounting team and is able to fill in for the Finance Director in their absence.
Part – Time Opportunities