18 Degrees (formerly Berkshire Children and Families) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, equal opportunity, and cultural diversity. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and multi-cultural/multi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full – Time Opportunities
Social Worker for Adoption Management (full time)
Family and Child Support Program Coordinator – Intergenerational Treehouse Community
- Effectively engaging and partnering with parents, youth, community members, interns, and volunteers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills; commitment to a strengths-based approach.
- Responding compassionately to emerging needs of families and transitional youth approaching adulthood and independence.
- Ability to work effectively, creatively, and flexibly within dynamic community and program settings.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment that promotes emotional regulation & well-being.
- Commitment to an intergenerational teaming approach with children, youth, families and elders.
- Ability to practice cultural humility and experience working in a culturally responsive way with diverse populations
- Providing supervision and training of interns and volunteers.
- Documentation and evaluation of progress toward individual and program goals.
- Solid computer and technology skills, including proficiency with video conferencing apps, such as Zoom and Caribou.
- Ability to use technology creatively to promote connection, learning and independence.
- Collaborating with partner organizations
- Experience facilitating groups and working with different age groups, life stages and physical/mental abilities.
- Personal experience with foster care and/or adoption is a plus.
Director of Finance (full time)
- Education Required: BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum Required Experience: 8 years of progressive experience including minimum 3 years with non-profit grants/contracts, strategy and supervisory experience.
- License(s): CPA helpful, but not required.
- Multicultural/multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
EEC Certified Infant/Toddler/Preschool/School-Age Teachers (Lead Teachers included!)
Childcare Workers, Substitute Teachers, and Greeters – FT & PT - Flexible hours
Part – Time Opportunities
Youth Music Development Specialist (Part-Time)
- Have the drive and ability to connect and engage with youth.
- Encourage collaboration in program activities including music, production, promotion, finance, and other group activities.
- Be energetic, positive and able to relate well with others, have experience working with teens.
- Collaborate with community members and industry advisors to help youth make impactful connections.
- Work with the team to collect and evaluate data to assess project impact and effectiveness.
- Have a flexible schedule (12- 15 hrs. per week) and ability to support the learning experiences of youth participants.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, and group facilitation skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team, strong communication skills.
- Have at least a high school diploma (an associate degree is preferred) and a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation.