Pay Range: $20.51 – $21.13 per hour
Outreach Case Worker for Safe & Successful Youth Initiative – Pittsfield, MA 18 Degrees is where new beginnings come to light for children and families – and could be where your new career does the same! At 18 Degrees, we cultivate teams and leaders to embrace the principles of diversity and inclusiveness to support the needs of our community. 18 Degrees’ Safe and Successful Youth Initiative (SSYI)program’s purpose is to support a community and multi-disciplinary approach to combat gang activity and criminal behavior for youth 17 to 24 years in age. The Outreach Case Worker will work with community partners including a police liaison, and other members of the justice system to prevent, intervene and suppress criminal activity with youth and young adults in the Pittsfield, MA community.
Outreach Case Worker primary responsibilities:
- Ability to meet individuals where they are and think on your feet in high stakes situations
- Work with youth referred by local police liaison to identify, engage, recruit, and help young people involved in violent crime in Pittsfield;
- Have experience with the criminal justice system and a passion for assisting young people to redirect their lives through education, mental health, and employment services;
- Knowledge & understanding of the systemic, socio-economic, educational & other challenges our youth confront including knowledge of gang culture;
- Keep strong ties to the community, and the ability to create new relationships with program participants and community partners with ease; and
- Be a team player, self-motivated, flexible, trustful, and a results-oriented person committed to making a difference with youth and in their community.
Associate’s Degree helpful, but not required. Real-life experience is highly-valued. Caring about youth and the community are must-haves. Multicultural/multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Proof of Covid vaccination required. To apply send cover letter and resume to: Paula McDermott, 18 Degrees, Inc., 480 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE